Group Show Checklist





In case you are wondering what an artist needs to do in order to participate in a group art show, here is a kind of a checklist that you can use, or make your own.


May 1 - Monthly review of exhibition opportunities. Picked a call for artists which sounded great. The theme matched my work and the venue was new to me, which goes with my goal to meet as many new artists and art lovers as I possibly can.

May 4 - Submitted images of my paintings which matched the requirements.

May 9 - Acceptance arrived via email. Yeah! Small celebration.

May 11 - Asked the venue to clarify any rules that weren't clear to me, and paid the exhibition fee.

May 11 - 18 Communicated with the venue and provided:

  • Statement
  • Bio
  • SM links
  • Final listing of paintings

May 19 Reviewed the venue's ads on SM and web site, made any corrections as needed. Liked and shared the ads.

May 31 Announced the exhibit in my newsletter, blog, and website.

June 6  Spruced up the paintings. Touched up the varnish where needed, made sure the edges were clean and attached the hanging hardware.

June 8 Wrapped and delivered the paintings to the venue. Introduced myself, thanked the staff for their help, and admired the venue.

June 9 Announced the exhibit to all my art friends:

  • sent an e-vite to my art circle subscribers
  • emailed the art clubs
  • Facebook page post (personal and art business)
  • Pintrest post
  • Instagram post
  • Tweeted
  • etc.

June 11 Checked the closet for something to wear at the opening. Yikes! Raided Winners one hour before the closing time. Found a black top and sandals (sigh of relief).

June 14 Created a whimsical add with a collage of my paintings and my statement for the last minute invite (see above).

June 15 Posted the last minute invite on SM.

And here we are - the opening is tonight! I am bringing a supply of business cards and art cards to give away (while quantities last).

I can't wait to meet my old and new art friends, peruse the exhibit, and chat about all things creative. Must remember to take photos - please remind me if you are there!

June 15, 2017 
7-10pm
Beaumont Studios
316 W 5th Ave, Vancouver, BC

I hope to see you there!

Tatjana





No comments:

Post a Comment