Pause, Look, Listen...


Golden Larch, 30x15, original acrylic painting
by Tatjana Mirkov-Popovicki


It's hard to paint at this time of the year when I am so humbled by nature. "See what I can do," she says and turns all the colors to gold, while I fumble with my brush. It happens every year, yet the glory of autumn never gets old.

This fall I visited the place where our great predecessors roamed with a brush and palette in hand, and where they captured little jewels of nature on canvas.

Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada.



Colors of Algonquin, October 2017


I made a pilgrimage to the majestic collections of Canadian art:

McMichael Canadian Art Collection, in Kleinburg, Ontario
Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto
National Gallery of Canada in Ottawa



Paintings by Tom Thomson in the McMichael Canadian Art Collection


There is nothing I can say, nothing I can add to the beauty of the Canadian landscape captured in the works of masters:

Tom Thomson.  Lawren Harris.  A. Y. Jackson.  Frank Johnston.  Arthur Lismer.  J. E. H. MacDonald.  Frederick Varley.  A. J. Casson.  Edwin Holgate.  LeMoine FitzGerald.
Thank you!





I reveled in their paintings and listened to what they had to tell me:

Pause

Look

Listen

Observe

Remember

Enjoy

Take the time

Discover the endless gifts of nature

Feel the beauty




Paintings by Tom Thomson in the McMichael Canadian Art Collection


How can we not paint if we have the ability to do so?

Make art.

It is needed.



Tatjana



Rock Isle Lake, Banff, 30x40
original painting by Tatjana Mirkov-Popovicki



P.S. If you are not subscribed to my monthly newsletter, you may have missed some of my latest paintings like this one.

If you don't want to miss any new paintings coming from my studio, please consider joining my Art Circle. I send a monthly newsletter with new art, gallery news, snapshots from artsy travelers, and more inspiring tidbits. I would love to have you in my circle of art friends! Click HERE to subscribe.



2 comments:

  1. Tatjana, this post is so beautiful and timely. I so enjoy seeing your mail in my box, it lifts up my heart. Your art is so darn beautiful and i can't wait for the day I will have some of it hanging in my home. Blessings, Sheila xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sheila, thank you so much for your kind and uplifting words! I do feel blessed!

      Tatjana

      Delete